Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Home is where you can scratch where it itches"

Allison Lincoln and her boyfriend recently moved into a new apartment in New York. Her quote for her blog entry was: "A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams." As much as I wanted to steal her quote I decided against it and searched for my own. When I stumbled upon "Home is where you can scratch where it itches", it just seemed to fit. lol

ANYWAY-I finally have my own casa!!!!! "WOW" is what you are all probably saying. This is the first time I have moved out on my own since I moved to Utah and more important the first time I feel like I am stable in my life since my marriage in 2003! Crazy I know! I have a beautiful 2/2 located in Cottonwood Heights, Utah. Cottonwood is about 15 minutes from downtown. It is located on the east side close to the east mountains. It's absolutely beautiful up here! :) My roommate's name is Dan. He was born in Miami and grew up in Altamonte Springs. Although our favorite college football teams are not the same, our home is definately a FLORIDA home! :) Below are some pictures of our place....we were in the process of moving in so excuse the messyness of some of the pics. Also please excuse the lazyness of the photography!...I have a terrible cold and didn't have much energy to get creative.





The best part of my place...The TUB!!!! I love it!


Picture 1 of my bedroom.
Picture 2 of my bedroom. If you can tell, the accent wall is already painted. Thank god, because if you recall at my last apartment I started painting the walls, got into a bad car accident, and NEVER finished! lol
View from our Patio! It's beautiful. We have a view of the west mountains.
View 2 from our patio.
View 1 of the kitchen
View 2 of the kitchen
Our living room. Again another accent wall already painted! :)
View of the dinning room and part of the kitchen
View of what you see when you walk in the door...minus my clothes! lol
Living room/fireplace view
Dan's quarters! :) His room is straight back, his bathroom is to the left and our laundry room is to the right.

3 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS lodgings Caity! I'm SO jealous! If by a miracle, I end up coming out there this summer, you'd better be prepared to spend some serious time with me lazing by the Pool! LOL

    I am SOOO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love your new place! Joe and I were married in Cottonwood Heights. I wonder how far away you are from our wedding site? I'll have to come and find out, I guess. I am so thrilled that you have gotten out on your own again. Things are looking up! Post some more pics once it has that "lived in" look. Love ya!
    -allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute place and I like my little moment of fame in the post... lol...and I actually like your quote better, not going to lie.

    I want to come visit soon! Can you tell me when is good for you! miss you!

    ReplyDelete