Sunday, September 28, 2008

Utah State Fair

Most of my life I've been told by close friends that I'm pretty clumsy. I've also been told by many that my life is interesting due to the fact that really weird/odd things happen to me. I've come to the conclusion that I'm clumsy because I have really small feet and my life is interesting because I make really dumb disicions which in turn make GREAT stories! Here is a story to add to the collection of "Caitlin's Dumb but Funny Stories"!

I've made a great friend out here in Utah and her name is Stacey. Stacey is a great friend in more than one way! 1.-She listens to me and gives me great advice when I'm down. 2.-She has a great sense of humor and really knows how to make me laugh. 3.-She's not an alcoholic...LOL...and she likes doing other things than just going to a bar! :) On a beautiful day in Salt Lake City, Utah Stacey invites me to the Utah State Fair! I hadn't been to a fair in forEVER so I figured it'd be fun! Stacey's mom, Stacey, & I all venture to the fair for some shows, fattening food, fun rides, and of course sexy pics!

Photobucket

Earlier in the day I had recieved free tickets to go to the dew tour (A Pro Skateboard/BMX/Sports Show) so after hanging out at the fair stacey & I decided to head over to the dew tour. We stayed until they closed @ 6pm and we wanted to return to the fair. Here's where my "not so smart decision making skills" come into play. Instead of taking a cab 5 or 6 blocks to the fair Stacey & I decided to walk back to the fair and save some cash. Well below is a picture of the bridge we were going to have to cross and I was too terrified to cross it.

Photobucket

Stacey & I walked around the bridge through a parking lot where stacey biffed it!!

Photobucket

Once we both stopped laughing and attempting to NOT pee our pants we went on our way to a dead end! The parking lot was blocked off by a chain link fence...What the hell? Who blocks off a random parking lot...who cares if there are railroad tracks close by. Didn't they know that one day two girls were going to need to get over those railroad tracks in order to get to the fair???

Photobucket

LOL-We found a hole in the fence climbed through and went along our marry way. We walked for about 15 or 20 more minutes through back streets when we realized we had NO idea where we were! But to our dismay we heard music...Oh my...is that a Mariachi band we heard. Yes!! But it wasn't the fair...we had found a family party with TONS of hispanic people. Stacey & I were very excited to see this band. She got so excited she tried to hang from a tree but the branch came down and hit a teenage boy in the head!! I started laughing so hard I had to walk away and she ran after me! The boy was okay but I'm sure he was embarrased that he got hit in the head with a tree branch by a white girl! :) Stacey & I walked some more and after about an hour of walking we gave up, hailed a cab, and we were there in no less than 2 minutes!!! lol. I think the trip to the fair was funner than the actual fair!! :) Here are some pics to prove that we actually got there though!
Who knew how HUGE tigers are in real life!!
Photobucket

I yelled at these people for playing lame music! I said "HEY, Floridians don't listen to lame music like this!!"
Photobucket

This was me sitting down after our hour walk. Yeah, I'm a fat kid...get over it! :)
Photobucket

I did not fall in my families footsteps as far as photography goes! Please ignore the amature-ness of my pics!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Caitlin you ROCK!

    Glad you made it safe and sound to the fair. As for the photography, I thought it was awesome! Have you checked my cross country blog yet? You actually took pictures of something! LOL!
    -allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG caity! Only YOU could turn a 6 block walk into an entertaining adventure! LOL

    Looks like you had an awesome time, and the fair pics are fantastic! =)

    ReplyDelete