Sunday, November 30, 2008

Domestically Challenged

My whole life I've been domestically challenged. Let me explain: I like cleaning just not my own place. I can't cook to save my life and baking is out of the question! lol. Well just in the past few months I'm proud to say mom has FINALLY got me in the kitchen long enough to show me how to bake/make a few things! Here are my creations...lol.


My friend Lory held a HUGE Halloween party so I made these for the party. This was my first baking experience EVER! Mom helped me make the dough (from scratch), Lindsay helped me cut out the ghosts & witch hats..





Lindsay was having a few people over for a Utah game so I decided to attempt Chocolate Chip cookies (from scratch). I made these cookies all by myself...and that is probably why they were rock hard! Pretty, but gross. lol




And then came Dad's 64th birthday which this year fell on Thanksgiving. Mom wanted me to bake his favorite cake for him-Texas Sheet Cake. I was kinda sorta freakin' out because not only is this my dad's fav. cake...everyone that was over for thanksgiving would probably try it! AHHHH-but to my dismay it turned out really freakin' good! lol. I think Texas Sheet cake is my new fav. cake too! :)



SUGAR COOKIES..all by myself! Whoohoo! lol-I was extremely board today so I decided to see if I could actually make good cookies without any help. I am glad to say "I DID IT!" and they taste really really good! The ones on the back row are NOT burnt they are chocolate sugar cookies. :)




LOL-Kind of a random blog but I feel very accomplished. Now go see Role Models. :)

3 comments:

  1. LOL!

    You are SOO not domestically challenged! How can anyone feel creative in Mom's presence?? I think it's probably how Martha Stewarts employees must feel! LOL

    The cookies look SOOOO freaking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! What got into you? Your treats look so "delectable" as Will would say.

    And thank you for the incredible Christmas card. Your card is the first one we have received this holiday season! Isn't there some sort of award for that? Well, whatever...you so win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there... I just figured out to to comment on your page.. talk about blog-illiterate!

    Anyway, I'd "subscribe" to your blog if I could figure out how. Did you tell leslie how I stalk her via blogging? LOL..

    And the cookies look great.. Send me some! :)

    ReplyDelete