Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chicken Roll Ups

Mom gave me a new cook book for Christmas & I have yet to try any new recipes until yesterday...Chicken roll ups!  Boy were they good!  I took a picture but it looked pretty gross in the pic so I opted NOT to put the picture up.  lol.

Chicken Roll Ups

-3 oz. Cream Cheese softened
-2 1/2 tablespoons Butter melted
-2 ct. chicken breats chopped and cooked through
-Salt & Pepper
-2 cans cresent rolls
-chopped onion
-crushed croutons
(I added chopped bacon..cooked with chicken in a skillet.  And I left out the chopped onion b/c shawn hates onions and every other veggie in the world!  lol)
-Makes 4 servings (I got about 7 servings out of the receipe.  Most likely b/c I had an EPIC FAIL with the cresent rolls...read below)

Pre-heat oven to 350.  Take 2 cresent rolls and press the seams together (to make a larger cresent roll).  Mix cream cheese, butter, chicken, and bacon together.  Spoon a good amount of mixture onto open cresent roll.  Fold cresent roll up.  Add extra melted butter to top of cresent roll and sprinkle crushed croutons on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.  I did exactly 25 minutes and it was perfect!

**So apparently I am cresent roll folding handicap!  I didn't understand the cresent roll directions AT ALL.  So I winged it.  LOL.  Some of the Chicken Roll Ups ended up being in a triangle shape, some were completely deformed, and some looked like a roll.  Regardless of how they looked they were amazing and really tasty!  And Shawn liked them...if he likes something then I know I did well.  :)  The only thing I will do different next time is add about a half a can of cream of chicken soup into the mixture to give it more of a saucy texture inside the cresent roll.  I made mashed potatoes for Shawn's side and zuccini, squash, and onion's in a frying pan for me.**

If anyone has some tips on how exactly to "fold up" a cresent roll, please feel free to comment! 

1 comment:

  1. How to roll up a crescent roll:

    Unroll the "log" thing and seperate into triangles. Start at the LONG side (like the base of the triangle) and roll UP. Then shape them into a "u" kinda shape.

    ReplyDelete