Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hippity Hoppity...Easter's on its way

Actually it's already passed.  But it was such a good one I just had to blog about it! 

To start off the Easter festivities I decided to buy massive amounts of candy.  Because massive amounts of candy is totally on my diet.  Anway-Shawn's sister Bree had a birthday back in March but all of our schedules were too busy to get together for her actual bday.  So instead, Shawn's mom, Diana, had us all over for dinner the evening before easter.  It was delish!  Diana made home made mashed potatoes, stuffing, a HUGE turkey lurkey, corn, and rolls.  I really wanted to stuff my face with like 3rd's but I kept my manners in check!  lol

Then Easter Sunday morning I decided I needed to clean my house from top to bottom.  IDK why I decided to do that but I did and it took me a few hours.  After working up a sweat I got ready to head over to Mom & Dad's for Easter Sunday dinner.  I haven't been out there to see them in over a month!!, so I was very excited to get going. 

Mom made ham, funneral potatoes, salad, steamed asparagus, and rolls.  OH MY, I didn't mind my manners at Mom & Dad's!  I am pretty sure I had 4th's!  ;)  Once we were all stuffed, we all (Mom, Dad, Shawn, Jordan, Julie, & the kiddos's) layed around the house trying to let the food settle.  I brought over the game Catch Phrase (my ALL time fav game).  Mom & dad had never played before so I figured it'd be fun.  We had SOO much fun playing guys against girls that we ended up playing round after round after round (about 2 hours!).  I also brought desert...ice cream cupcakes from cold stone.  Yummy! 

Needless to say, I had a great Easter weekend with Shawn's fam and my fam. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like loads of yummy fun! I sooo wish we lived closer. Glad you had an awesome Easter!

    ReplyDelete