Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Not NOBODY, Not NOHOW! ~Cowardly Lion

Wizard Of Oz Pictures, Images and Photos



If you didn't get the title of my blog then you are not a die hard Wizard of Oz fan!  :)
 

So I have been in love or obsessed (you chose) since I was a little kid with the Wizard of Oz.  My mom & dad had a VHS copy that they recorded from T.V. and I remember watching that movie over and over and over again.  In school I took film analysis and we had to analyze this movie.  I was a little scared b/c I thought it might ruin the fantasy I had built up around this movie that one day I could live Somewhere over the Rainbow.  [What?  Just because I am 25 years old doesn't mean I can't still pretend!!  All you boring people that stopped pretending once it wasn't cool anymore should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!  ;)]  Anyway, back to my story...Picking apart the Wizard of Oz and all it's cast only gave me a bigger appreciation for the movie.  I couldn't believe how mean Judy Garland was treated.  And all the other crazy stuff that happend on and off the screen!  Once I moved out onto my own I realized I needed my own copy of the Wizard of Oz...so I bought it...on VHS. 

That's been about 8 years ago and my VHS player is long gone to VHS player heaven. I needed to upgrade to DVD, and I finally did it...last week I bought Wizard of Oz on DVD!!!!  OHHHHH man I was so excited.  Even though I saw Shawn secretly rolling his eyes at me, I kinda jumped in the air and squeeled with excitment.  (It takes a VERY patient man to be my boyfriend!)  Anyway-I knew Shawn didn't really want to watch the movie so when he had plans to go out with his friends to a concert I decided to stay home and watch the movie AND drink out of the Wizard of Oz mug Shawn got me for Christmas.  OMG-it was just as awesome as I remembered!  I am sooo going to be that pushy Aunt that makes all of my nieces and nephews watch that movie!  REGARDLESS OF AGE...Jansen.... lol

So overall my Wizard of Oz on DVD experience has been a great one! Except for the part about me having this song stuck in my head NON STOP for the past week!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Dorothy: It really was no miracle. What happened was just this...
Dorothy: [singing] The wind began to switch / The house, to pitch / And suddenly the hinges started to unhitch / Just then the Witch / To satisfy an itch / Went flying on her broomstick, thumbing for a hitch!

Munchkin: And, oh, what happened then was rich!
Munchkins: [singing] The house began to pitch / The kitchen took a slich / It landed on the Wicked Witch in the middle of a ditch / Which was not a happy situation for the Wicked Witch!

The underlined bolded part of the song is the main line that finds it's way back into my head and the words seem to spill out of my mouth over and over.  I hope they find their way stuck into your head as well.  :)  LOVE YA'LL

3 comments:

  1. So, you really were serious about wanting a 6 foot tall cardboard figure of Dorothy. I just didn't realize you were so OBSESSED!!.....hmmmm, do you know the song the wicked monkeys sing...oooEEEooo. oooEEEooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song I get stuck is "We represent the lollipop guild...the lollipop guild..the lollipop guild...and in the sacred name of the lollipop guild.......We'd like to welcome you to munchkin land!" Did I get the words right or are you shaking your head in disgust? It possibly could be the lullaby league too? Hmmm...I need some clarification from the EXPERT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL-Mom, I was so NOT kidding about the card board cut out!

    Allie-I'd have to look up the lyrics to that one... hahaha

    ReplyDelete